Conventional fluoride toothpaste containing as much as 1450 ppm fluoride may be bought from supermarkets, pharmacies and nook retailers, and may also help preserve your enamel and gums wholesome.
Typically following a dental verify or caries danger evaluation, it’s possible you’ll want extra fluoride so as to stop tooth decay – that is the place prescription excessive fluoride toothpastes are available in.
Prescription excessive fluoride toothpaste at 5000ppm has greater than 3 times the standard quantity of fluoride you’ll count on in an grownup toothpaste (1450ppm). This makes it actually efficient at stopping and decreasing tooth decay.
Your dentist fills out the prescription with sufficient toothpaste to cowl 3-to-6 months. You may then take this to the pharmacy.
Your dental crew might wish to prescribe you a excessive fluoride toothpaste if you’re at larger danger of tooth decay. This can be the case for:
- These with previous historical past of tooth decay and lively tooth decay.
- These on remedy containing sugar.
- Dry mouth victims, or these on medicines that trigger dry mouth.
- Folks present process most cancers remedy inflicting dry mouth.
- These having orthodontic remedy.
- Folks with receding gums or those that have had inadequate restorations.
- These with poor oral hygiene.
- Folks with excessive sugar diets.
- Those that don’t attend a dental appointment commonly.
Your dental crew may additionally advocate prescription excessive fluoride toothpaste as a manner so that you can assist handle tooth decay in its early levels. When you have any of the signs beneath, speak to your dentist:
- Tooth sensitivity when consuming or ingesting one thing scorching or chilly.
- An disagreeable style in your mouth.
- Darkish spot on the floor of your tooth.
This marketing campaign is delivered by the Oral Well being Basis, a charity creating more healthy communities by delivering higher oral well being. The marketing campaign is sponsored by Colgate-Palmolive.