• Gaining expertise and abilities throughout all 10 designated competency areas outlined by the American Board of Dental Public Health.
• Gaining abilities within the strategies of scientific inquiry and analysis, emphasizing oral well being epidemiology and population-based efforts.
• Setting a basis for future examination and certification.
• Beginning a profession as a specialist in dental public well being.Two to 4 certified dentists are admitted into CDC’s residency program yearly, situated in Atlanta.This system begins in July of every yr.
Previous to beginning the residency program, residents will need to have the next:
• A dental diploma from a U.S. dental faculty accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. Candidates who’re graduates of a college of dentistry exterior the U.S. or Canada should be deemed to have equal schooling.
• A grasp’s diploma of public well being or comparable diploma from an establishment accredited by an company acknowledged by the U.S. Division of Schooling. Programs for the MPH or comparable diploma would come with biostatistics, epidemiology, well being care coverage and administration, environmental well being and behavioral sciences. If the applicant’s public well being coaching was accomplished in an establishment exterior the U.S., passable completion of two or extra years of superior schooling in an space associated to the observe of dental public well being is required.
To use, go to cdc.gov/oralhealth/about/DPHR-how-to-apply.html.