Brushing our tooth is just not often thought-about a communal occasion. It’s achieved within the privateness of our loos, within the morning and final thing at evening. Maybe we’ll open the door for our companion or youngsters, however aside from that, our brushing routine is one thing not too many individuals see.
That’s till Nationwide Smile Month comes round!
The Brushathon is a extremely common marketing campaign occasion, and one which has roots proper again to the start of Nationwide Smile Month.
It’s excellent to get colleges and teams of kids concerned in studying extra about their oral well being. It’s additionally nice for giant workplaces!
The Brushathon asks dental practices, hospitals and oral well being educators to companion up with native teams to brush their tooth concurrently for 2 minutes. It’s also possible to take this chance to speak to the group about good oral well being and hygiene.
What makes the Brushathon such an ideal occasion is the issue of mass participation. The exercise creates an excellent buzz, particularly among the many youngsters, which can imply they’re extra prone to interact with the topic.
It’s additionally an ideal picture alternative for native press too, particularly when you take with you a Smiley for every participant!
Do you know?
There are at present three Guinness World Data relating to teams coming collectively to brush their tooth concurrently. They’re…
- The most individuals brushing their tooth concurrently in a single venue is 13,380 at an occasion organized by Colgate Palmolive (Central América) Inc. on the Cuscatlán Stadium, Metropolis of San Salvador, El Salvador on 5 November 2005.
- The most individuals brushing their tooth concurrently was 177,003 at 380 areas throughout India for an try organised by Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd in affiliation with the Indian Dental Affiliation (IDA) on 9 October 2007.
- The most individuals brushing canines’ tooth concurrently is 268, and was achieved by The Hyperlink Administration Restricted (Hong Kong), in Hong Kong, China, on 9 December 2012. This occasion came about in Stanley Plaza, Hong Kong, to advertise canine dental care and hygiene consciousness. It additionally supported the charity ‘Hong Kong Canine Rescue’.
Perhaps these are a bit bit bold on your occasions however why not get as many individuals concerned as potential? A Brushathon is ideal for constructing nice relationships inside native communities.
organise a brushathon
- Select whether or not your Brushathon will collect members in a single location or all through a number of areas.
- Resolve on a date, time and venue/s.
- Ship round an invite to native colleges, enterprise and neighborhood teams, informing them of the Brushathon.
If you need folks to attend your Brushathon, then you’ll be able to . Write about what your occasion is, the place and when it’s happening and it will likely be listed on our occasions web page, for all our guests to search out. From there, they’ll have the ability to add it into their calendars and in case you are elevating cash as a part of the occasion, supporters will even have the ability to donate to your occasion on-line.
- Give members an choice of whether or not they’ll herald their very own toothbrush and toothpaste, or would require them.
- These needing a toothbrush or toothpaste may be facilitated for in our on-line store. How about offering them with one among our Dental Goody Baggage? All of them include a toothbrush, toothpaste and oral well being and hygiene instructional materials. We’ve Adult Dental Goody Bags, Toddler Dental Goody Bags and Baby Dental Goody Bags… in addition to many extra on your tailor-made group. They’re nice worth too!
- Inform the press. A Brushathon is a good picture alternative so their image desk would like to learn about your occasion. Obtain our National Smile Month Press Release Template, fill out the main points and ship it into your native newspapers.